Air Conditioning Brisbane
We are a premium Brisbane air conditioning who install, repair, and service air conditioners. We have over 15 years of experience as air conditioning specialists, which allows us to recommend and install the ideal climate control system for your property.
If you’re looking for reputable Brisbane air con specialists, you’ve come to the right place.
Brisbane air conditioning specialists - why choose us?
We have 15 years experience installing, repairing, and servicing air conditioners
We recommend and install gold-standard air conditioners from Panasonic, Daikin, and Mitsubishi
We install air conditioners for every type of building—homes, shops, offices, schools, and more
In and out—we’ll install your air conditioner quickly, without fuss
We install high-tech smart systems, giving you complete control over your air conditioner
Our experience allows us to install air conditioning systems correctly, which makes them last for years, with few breakages
5-year installation warranty, and 5-year manufacturer’s warranty included
We are qualified electricians, so can complete any electrical work needed as part of the install
Fully licensed for electrical and air conditioning installs
Fully insured for public liability of up to $10 million
We don’t use sub-contractors, as we only trust the quality of our own work
We provide a personal, knowledgeable service
What we do
We complete installs for new builds, or existing properties. All we need is a quick chat (and visit to your property, if needed), and we’ll recommend and install the ideal system for you.Find Out More
If your air conditioner has seen better days, we can recommend an upgrade based on your preferences, and your property.Find Out More
Servicing & Maintenance
Full servicing for air conditioners of every type, to keep them in top condition. Regular servicing prolongs your air conditioner’s life, and reduces your electricity bills.Find Out More
We repair faulty air conditioners, and can make recommendations on whether your system should be replaced.Find Out More
Our installation process
- We’ll chat to you about your needs, and if necessary, visit your property for a quick inspection
- We’ll recommend an air conditioning system for you, based on your needs and preferences
- We’ll arrange a date to install the air conditioner and complete the install within a day
- We’ll provide you with full instructions on how to run your air conditioner, and your warranty information
Air conditioning Brisbane | Expert guide
How much does air conditioning cost?
The cost of a new Brisbane home air conditioning system is based on a number of different factors, including:
- The type of system being installed: ducted systems are more expensive than split systems because they usually cater for larger properties
- The amount of space being cooled: the more rooms/space you want to cool, the bigger the air conditioner, which increases the price.
- The brand of the air conditioner: premium brands cost more money, but they’re more efficient and durable
- The energy rating of the air conditioner: you’ll pay more for split systems that have a good energy rating, but you’ll save on electricity bills over the long run.
- The amount of piping and cable needed: some properties (for example two storey homes) will need more refrigeration piping and electrical cable, which will add a little extra to the cost.
- The amount of ducting needed (for ducted air conditioners): again, larger properties will require more ducting, which adds to the cost.
- Whether the switchboard needs to be upgraded: if the electrical switchboard needs to be upgraded, this adds to the price.
Because there are so many factors involved in air conditioning, the cost can range anywhere between $750 to $20,000 plus.
How much does air conditioning cost to run?
An average modern air conditioner costs between $0.25 to $0.95 per hour to run on cooling mode, depending on the size of the room.1
Which type of air conditioner do I need?
As with the price of air conditioning, the ideal system is determined by a number of different factors:
- The amount of space being cooled: if you’re just wanting to cool one or two rooms, a split system (or multi-split system) is the cheaper and more efficient option. If you’d like a system that cools three or more rooms, and that can be managed from a single controller, a ducted system is the better choice.
- The amount of control you’d like: modern air conditioners have smart capability, which means they’re able to be controlled from personal devices such as phones, tablets, and laptops.
- Energy efficiency: air conditioners with a good energy star rating tend to be a little more expensive. But you’ll be recouping some of the high cost with reduced power bills.
- The noise of the system: if you prefer quieter air conditioners, the air conditioning installer will likely recommend a quieter brand.
- The look of the system: some people don’t like the look of wall-mounted split systems, and might prefer to opt for a discreet ducted system instead.
What are the benefits of air conditioning?
- Improved sleep—good quality sleep is critical to our health. An air conditioner can easily regulate the temperature to help you sleep better.
- Reduces the risk of dehydration and heatstroke—the Australian climate can be punishing in summer, and air conditioners can help us to stave off dehydration and heatstroke.
- Air purification—air conditioners use advanced air filters to purify the air that you breathe, which alleviates hayfever, asthma, and leads to better health.
- Better home security—windows must stay closed while air conditioning is on, which naturally improves home security.
- Fewer insects—with the windows closed, fewers mozzies and flies will be able to get in.
Benefits of ducted air conditioning
- Ducted air conditioners are hidden away in the ceiling and garden, keeping your home pristine.
- Ducted systems are more energy efficient for bigger properties.
- Many modern ducted systems are super quiet—you won’t know they’re there.
- Ducted systems offer a high level of control, particularly if you have smart features enabled.
- A ducted air conditioner can increase the value of your home.
Benefits of split system air conditioning
- Split systems are much cheaper than ducted systems, and are quick to install
- Some modern split systems can be extremely quiet.
- Split systems are easy to maintain. You’ll just need to clean the filters every 1-2 months, to keep air quality high.
What is reverse cycle air conditioning?
Reverse cycle air conditioning allows you to both cool and heat your home. Reverse cycle air conditioning is a great alternative to a heater, even for Brisbane’s milder winters.
What is inverter technology?
Modern air conditioners use inverter technology, which allows the system to control the speed of the compressor. For older systems, the compressor only has two modes: on and off. This means that it has to run at full speed until the set temperature is achieved, before turning off again—an inefficient way of doing things. Inverters allow the compressor to run at the exact speed needed to regulate the temperature, without having to exert itself.
Inverters have allowed air conditioning systems to become around 30% more efficient.
- Air Conditioner Electricity Usage & Costs Explained, Canstar Blue
FAQs - Air Conditioning Brisbane
How long does it take to install an air conditioner?
Most air conditioning installs take a single day, although larger ducted air conditioners can stretch to two days.
Where are the air conditioning units placed?
In a split system, the indoor unit is mounted high on the wall, and the outdoor unit is placed in a discreet location so that it doesn’t disturb anyone.
For ducted systems, the indoor unit is typically installed in the ceiling cavity, although it can also be installed underneath the floor if necessary. As with split systems, the outdoor unit is placed in a discreet location, away from living areas.
Which air conditioning brands do you recommend?
As a leading Brisbane air conditioning company, we recommend premium air conditioners from Panasonic, Daikin, and Mitsubishi. These high-quality air conditioning systems are more efficient and economical, and last longer. In addition, these brands have the highest star ratings which is a key factor in determining the energy efficiency of your new Brisbane air conditioning system.