Air conditioning North Lakes
We offer air conditioning installations, repairs, and servicing across North Lakes. We have offered complete air conditioning solutions for over 15 years, and have formed a tight-knit team of specialist technicians who know how to identify and install optimal climate control solutions for your property.
If you’re looking for a quality air conditioning installation in North Lakes, our team can take care of you.
Air conditioning installation North Lakes - Why choose us?
We have been repairing, servicing and installing air conditioners for 15 years
We only work with the best products, with air conditioners from Panasonic, Daikin, and Mitsubishi
Our air conditioning solutions can cover all residential and commercial buildings
Our experienced technicians will install your air conditioner quickly and without unnecessary mess
We source and install cutting edge smart systems, so you can control your air conditioner with the push of a button
Our technicians are highly trained to install air conditioning systems that last in the tough North Lakes climate
We offer 5-year installation warranties and our suppliers offer a 5-year product warranty as well
Our technicians are qualified electricians, so we can complete electrical work safely during the installation process
Our technicians are fully licenced and qualified, so you can enjoy greater peace of mind
We have complete public liability insurance of up to $10M
Our team is complete with experienced and knowledgeable operators, which means we don’t use subcontractors
Our air conditioning services are personalised and directed at your needs alone
What we do
Air conditioning installation North Lakes
Our installations cover both new builds, and existing properties. Our service is simple, and involves only a quick chat, and a site visit if needed. Then we can recommend and install the right solution.
Air conditioning upgrades North Lakes
For dated or inefficient air conditioners, we can offer complete upgrades. Every building is different, and we will ensure that our recommended upgrade is compatible with your property.
Air conditioning service North Lakes
Our complete maintenance services will keep your air conditioner running and its best. This includes an aircon regas, if necessary. Regular services increase air conditioner efficiency, which means longer lifespans and lower power bills.
Air conditioning repairs North Lakes
If your air conditioner is struggling or making sounds it shouldn’t, our repair services can help. Our team will always let you know if a replacement is more economical for you.
Our installation process
- We will discuss your needs with you, and conduct a brief site visit if necessary.
- Based on our discussion and your needs, we will recommend an appropriate air conditioning solution for you.
- Once you’ve received our recommendation, we can set a date for the installation, which we will complete within a day.
- Our team will give you the rundown on how your air conditioner works, and what warranties come with it.
Air conditioning | Expert guide
How much does air conditioning cost?
The cost of a new air conditioning system is based on a number of different factors, including:
- The type of system being installed: ducted systems are more expensive than split systems, because they involve more extensive installation processes.
- The amount of space being cooled: if you have a large space to cool, then you’ll need an air conditioner with higher output, usually at a higher cost.
- The brand of the air conditioner: high quality products are more expensive, but they offer more efficient performance and greater longevity, for long term savings.
- The energy rating of the air conditioner: you’ll pay more for split systems that have a good energy rating, but you’ll save on electricity bills over the long run.
- The amount of piping and cable needed: larger properties require more materials, like piping and cables, which can increase overall costs.
- The amount of ducting needed (for ducted air conditioners): again, larger properties will require more ducting, which adds to the cost.
- Whether the switchboard needs to be upgraded: it’s important that your electrical systems can cater for your air conditioner—if they need to be upgraded, your installation will cost more.
Air conditioning installations vary greatly, depending on size, product, and configuration. Consequently, the cost can range anywhere between $750 to $20,000 or more.
How much does air conditioning cost to run?
Most modern air conditioners cost between $0.25 to $0.95 per hour to run while cooling your house, but that does depend on the size of each room.1
Which type of air conditioner do I need?
Just like pricing, your ideal system will depend on several factors including:
- The amount of space being cooled: to cool only one or two rooms, a split system is cheapest. If you want to cool three or more rooms from a single controller, a ducted system is a more appropriate option.
- The amount of control you’d like: if you want to operate your air conditioner from a single central device, then a modern system with smart technology capabilities is the right choice for you.
- Energy efficiency: if a low carbon footprint and even lower power bills is high on your agenda, then an energy efficient system will be worth the extra initial cost.
- The noise of the system: some brands of air conditioner are quieter than others, and that can influence your decision.
- The look of the system: wall mounted split systems are more visible than ducted ones, which is something some people like to avoid.
What are the benefits of air conditioning?
- Improved sleep—good quality sleep is critical to our health. Air conditioning can provide you with consistent temperatures each night, which makes for easier sleeping conditions.
- Reduces the risk of dehydration and heat stroke—the Australian climate can be punishing in summer, but with air conditioning you can stay cool and hydrated more easily.
- Air purification—air conditioners use advanced air filters to purify the air that you breathe, using a process that removes dust and allergens.
- Better home security—by keeping cool with the windows closed, you can enjoy greater home security.
- Fewer insects—with the windows closed, fewers mozzies and flies will be able to get in.
Benefits of ducted air conditioning
- Ducted air conditioners are well concealed using advanced wall and ceiling ducts, which means a neater, less cluttered look for your home.
- Ducted systems offer far better energy efficiency for large properties and commercial spaces.
- Most modern ducted air conditioners are quiet—you won’t even know they’re there.
- Ducted air conditioners operate using a central system of control, which means you can manage your temperatures through a single point.
- For the reasons above, a ducted air conditioner can increase the value of your home.
Benefits of split system air conditioning
- Split systems are far cheaper, and far easier to install than their ducted counterparts
- Some modern split systems are also very quiet.
- Split systems are easy to maintain – cleaning the filters every 1-2 months, is usually enough to keep your air quality high.
What is reverse cycle air conditioning?
Reverse cycle air conditioning offers cooling and heating options. It is a great alternative to a heater, even for Brisbane’s milder winters, and is often more energy efficient than older heaters.
What is inverter technology?
Inverter technology allows your air conditioner to control the speed of its compressor. In older systems, the compressor only has two modes: on and off. As a result, they run at their maximum capacity until the desired temperature is reached, before turning off completely until the temperature increases again. This results in decreased efficiency and increased power consumption. Inverters prompt the compressor to run at the exact speed needed to regulate the temperature, without having to overexert itself.
Inverters have allowed air conditioning systems to become around 30% more efficient.
- Air Conditioner Electricity Usage & Costs Explained, Canstar Blue
How long does it take to install an air conditioner?
Most installations take just one day, although ducted air conditioner installations in larger properties can continue for two.
Where are the air conditioning units placed?
For split system air conditioners, the indoor unit is mounted high on a wall. The outdoor unit is mounted discreetly in a well-ventilated area, where it won’t get in the way.
Indoor ducted units are typically fitted within ceiling cavities, but they can sometimes be fitted beneath the floor if necessary. The outdoor units are placed out of the way, again in a discreet well-ventilated location.
Which air conditioning brands do you recommend?
We use and recommend high quality air conditioners from Panasonic, Daikin, and Mitsubishi. These systems offer greater efficiency and durability, with the added bonus of lower power bills over their long lifetimes.